Bruviti Predictive Suite equips OEMs with powerful applications that leverage artificial intelligence to transform support, service and IoT machine data into valuable operational insights that reduce MTTD and MTTR service costs, and enable in-field equipment to predict which parts will fail
CAMPBELL, Calif—October 30, 2018—Bruviti, a provider of AI-driven IoT applications for predictive analytics of connected and non-connected appliances and equipment for OEMs, announced the commercial deployment of Bruviti Predictive Suite and Bruviti IoT Core. Designed for manufacturers of home appliances, commercial equipment, and industrial equipment, this integrated set of cloud-based software applications enables support and service organizations to slash operational costs by predicting which parts will fail, thereby reducing truck rolls and boosting call-center effectiveness.
OEMs are battling increasing costs associated with field service and support operations for millions of appliances installed in homes and businesses. At the same time, they are facing competitive pressure to develop smarter IoT-powered machines that self-monitor to reduce failure, downtime, and mean time to repair (MTTR). Among the factors that service and support executives must contend with are:
- It costs $300, on average, per truck roll for field service technicians to respond to a support ticket
- The need to carry a wide array of costly spare parts (on-vehicle and in-depot)
- The duration and effectiveness of customer-support calls at contact centers, and the need to satisfactorily deflect an increasing call burden
- Deriving customer-usage insights to improve the design of future machines
Bruviti is currently partnering with key OEMs to address these issues and boost end-user customer satisfaction.
Bruviti brings clarity and insight to disorganized and unstructured data
Deriving insights from the data generated by IoT-enabled equipment, business operations and call-center agent/customer interactions lies at the heart of addressing these costs. The problem: OEMs have typically amassed volumes of this data, but it is of disparate types (engineering, manufacturing, machine runtime, customer, call center, and field service) and located in data silos that defy integration.
The Bruviti Predictive Suite provides use-specific applications that leverage the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence powered by its IoT Core, which runs on the cloud to integrate and orchestrate disparate machine, business, and human data. Users of Bruviti’s applications can easily analyze data to derive valuable insights for a range of operational use cases that accelerate resolution of customer-support calls and unlock transformative operational models.
“OEMs are sitting on enormous volumes of historical data that is continually augmented in real time by IoT-powered online appliances and machines. The challenge they face is determining how to understand all this data and then apply it to solve critical business problems,” said Andy Chinmulgund, CEO of Bruviti. “With the Bruviti Predictive Suite of Applications, OEMs can now put this data to work and immediately power a range of core operational enterprise applications. Better still, our technology is easily integrated with existing customer-support and service applications to deliver a fast return on investment.”
Bruviti delivers three key benefits for OEMS: increased productivity, improved customer loyalty, and a pathway to new business models. For support teams, Bruviti improves the quality of customer-service interactions by unifying vital machine and customer data on one platform, and then leveraging this information to reduce mean time to detect (MTTD). Similarly, for service operations, data-driven insights powered by Bruviti help teams ensure the right parts are taken on a service call, thereby optimizing costly customer visits and truck rolls, and reducing the MTTR for improved overall profitability.
How Bruviti transforms an OEM’s service and support operations
Bruviti Predictive Suite applies machine learning and AI technologies to increase the productivity of all users. These applications are designed for different roles (such as field service technician, customer support representatives, technical experts, parts inventory managers) and assists users by providing dynamic recommendations.
Bruviti Predictive Suite includes the following applications.
- Bruviti Predictive Support is used to view status and fault codes derived from the equipment data and apply machine-learning algorithms to triage issues reported by the customer when calling the service center.
- Bruviti Predictive Monitoring is used by service center and employs machine-learning with self-learning capabilities to detect if the machine is operating outside specifications.
- Bruviti Predictive Service is used by field technicians for assistance in their job orders to service equipment to reduce the number of truck rolls needed to keep the machine operational.
- Bruviti Live Help uses augmented reality technology to bring the technical expert closer to the problem in real time and help field technicians reduce the mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Bruviti Parts Predictor allows OEMs to address the problem of over- or under-stocking of replacement parts and ensures the appropriate parts are carried during a field call.
- Bruviti Chatbot supports the objective of call-deflection initiatives. This application employs artificial intelligence to assist customer support teams, and quickly identify problems by asking customers pertinent questions by applying a dynamic, algorithm-based decision tree.
Underpinning Bruviti Predictive Suite is Bruviti IoT Core, which runs on open IoT cloud platforms such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT Hub, and Google Cloud IoT. Bruviti IoT Core can support thousands of machines and devices, while its modular design allows it to be tailored for the specific UI, security, performance, and flexibility needs of any OEM.
Bruviti is a leading provider of AI-based IoT solutions for customer support and field service teams at residential appliance, commercial equipment, and industrial automation companies. By leveraging Bruviti’s Predictive Suite of front-end applications and Bruviti IoT Core, companies can access and analyze data from disparate sources, run remote diagnostics on assets to predict failure, and make informed business decisions to enhance customer service while reducing cost of operations. For more information, visit www.bruviti.com.